From 1st July 2012 it is a legal requirement in France to travel with at least one breathalyser in your vehicle that conforms to NF standards. The NF standard is an approval process whereby a breathalyser is checked and tested by the French Government and given a NF certificate if it matches up to the correct criteria. French police are able to stop all vehicles travelling throughout the country and ask to see a working NF approved breathalyser. Non-compliance of this law can lead to prosecution and result in a fine.
Alcosense have provided an easy to use solution to check the level of alcohol in your blood. The legal blood alcohol limit in France is 0.5 grams per litre versus 0.8 grams per litre in the UK. This French NF approved breathalyser comes as a twin pack which is ideal to keep in the glove box in your car as an essential item for European travel. The easy to use glass tube simply has a cap to remove from both ends before blowing through the tube into the bag provided. This will then move the green marker line up the tube to indicate the level of alcohol detected in your blood.
Alcosense was launched in 2007 to provide an easy solution for detecting the alcohol levels in your blood. Since its creation the company has won numerous awards for its innovative and safety minded products.
A minimum of 2 NF approved disposable breathalysers must be carried in your car at any time while in France.
- Alcosense NF Approved Breathalyser
- French legal requirement from July 2012
- NF approved for use in France
- Easy to use tube showing alcohol levels within two minutes
- As used by French Police Force for roadside screening
- Usage: Simply blow through the tube into the bag provided and the alcohol level will be shown
- Contents: 2x single use NF Standard breathalysers
- Brand: Alcosense
- Manufacturer Part Number: ALCNFTWIN
- Dimensions: 15x6x10cm (HxLxW)